Megabass Giant Dog-x LZ HIGHLAND WAKASAGI topwater bass fishing lures
- Item condition:
- Time left:
- Item location:
- Ships to:
- Fish Species:
- Walk the dog
- Fishing Type:
- Freshwater Fishing
- Giant Dog-x
- Price is for one (1) lure brand new in box
- California Prop 65 Warning:
- WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Does not apply
QUANTITY & COLOR: The price is for one (1) lure brand new in package. Actual colors can differ from photos due to camera, lighting or your device screen.
Length: 3-7/8" (98mm)
Weight: 1/2 oz (13.9g)
Type: Floating. "Roll-Walking"
At only 3-7/8" long, weighing 1/2 oz, the Giant Dog X isn't very gigantic, except in its reputation. Worldwide, it is one of the most popular and productive of all Megabass topwater lures. From a light chop on large lakes on windy days to the dead-calm of back-country ponds, the Giant Dog-X calls up huge topwater strikes.
The Giant Dog X is designed to "roll-walk." If a bait simply skates left and right, it pushes the least amount of water and only its belly is visible to the fish below. That is why roll-walking offers two distinct advantages:
- It pushes (displaces) more water.
- It exposes the sides of the bait to the fish looking up at it from underneath. Compared to its body width, the Giant Dog X has noticeably steep or tall sides, in order to accentuate the side-rolling and side-flashing effect.
Megabass describes the Giant Dog X’s roll-walk action as akin to a motorcyclist leaning and twisting his body when he turns a sharp corner. The Giant Dog X is designed to lean from side to side and push water away when it walks. This roll-walking action is what separates the Giant Dog-X from its competitors. Powered by the Megabass lateral balancer system, Giant Dog-X's side rolls flat against the water as it turns, giving predators underneath an irresistible flash of the realistic side-profile.
In addition, the Giant Dog X has extra high buoyancy, and this enables it to work best with a rapid movement. That does not mean it needs to be reeled in quickly. It means the side-to-side movement can be very fast, even while moving forward slowly. An internal tungsten balancer system further helps the bait achieve the quicker, sharper...